DYSLEXIA AWARENESS WORKSHOP
The Apple Group's two, three, or five hour Dyslexia Awareness Workshop introduces schools, parents, and co-ops to the key areas around dyslexia.
- Causes of dyslexia
- Warning signs and symptoms
- Current brain research surrounding dyslexia
- Common myths about dyslexia
- Positive attributes of dyslexia
- Famous dyslexics
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Our workshop is hands-on, inviting participants to experience dyslexia through visual, auditory,
motoricand expressive/receptive simulation.
- An overview of the research-based, evidence-based way to teach a dyslexic to read and spell, including an introduction to the Orton-Gillingham method.
- Practical tips for teaching a dyslexic, homework helps, study skills and helpful classroom accommodations.
- Mary-Margaret Scholtens
- Cherry Frierson
- Kelly Fowler